The design of our frameless system makes our doors one of the easiest types of slide and fold doors to operate. Using the latest bifolding door hardware, designed by us for our doors, they are effortless to use as well as safe. We explain how to open and close frameless bifolding doors with our short guide.
How to open and close frameless bifolding doors.
Depending upon the configuration, all our frameless door sets consisting of three panels or more are designed with a master locking door and three independent leaves. The sequence in how to open and close frameless bifolding doors is very simple.
- In the locked position rotate the locking handle to unlock the master locking door.
- Swing open the master locking door to its fully open position. This will be either inside or out depending upon the opening action.
- Take each intermediate door panel and slide it to its open position until a ‘stop’ is felt. This door can then be swung open.
- Repeat for each additional intermediate leaf.
- The door set is now fully open.
To close the doors the opening procedure is simply reversed.
- Swing to the closed position each intermediate leaf in turn.
- Slide each leaf to its closed position.
- Finally, swing closed the master locking door.
- Rotate the handle to lock and engage the master and intermediate door leaves.
Other features of frameless slide and fold doors.
Our frameless slide and fold doors can also offer enhanced ventilation for your home, over and above conventional aluminium bifolding doors or concertina doors.
Each panel opens independently meaning they can be left in the partial opening position giving excellent airflow into a room. All you need to do is slide each panel to anywhere along the frame and track and leave the door panel in that position. You can create as much or as little ventilation as you like depending upon the outside temperature or how much airflow you want to let into your room.
As you can see from our video, how to open and close frameless bifolding doors is child’s play. Contact us for a free demonstration and to find out what makes our bespoke frameless doors unique.